You will want to contact the institutions with holdings that you want placed in the Trust and fill out “transfer on death” or “payable upon death” forms naming the Trust. Otherwise, the trustee will have to contact those institutions and complete the paperwork after you pass away. You can also choose to change ownership of your accounts into the name of your Trust while alive by working with your individual institutions.

Did this answer your question?